Has your pup ever had such bad breath that you couldn't even go near them? Spencer has. When his breath gets to the point where no one can stand it, I give him a homemade doggie breath mint. These smell AMAZING!
In just a short amount of time, your dog's breath will be smelling minty and fresh!
• 2 1/2 cups of old-fashioned oats
• 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup of water, plus 1 tablespoon (more water as needed to form the dough)
• 3 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F
2. Add oats to a blender and pulse to a flour-like consistency. In a large bowl, whisk together the diced parsley and mint, egg, water, and oil. Add oat flour and stir to combine. Knead dough a few times then turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
3. Using your hands or a rolling pin, flatten dough to about 1/8" thick. Using a cookie cutter or knife to cut out approximately 40 (1-inch mints) mints. Place mints about 1/4-inch a part on a parchment lined or non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
4. Allow mints to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Tip: For dogs allergic to chicken products, substitute one large egg with 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
Recipe credit to skinnyms.com